Night Shift Maintenance Technician – Sheboygan, WI
Our Corrugated Packaging facility in Sheboygan, WI is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician. This is a highly skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. Maintenance Technicians will be expected to possess and refine multiple skills in both Mechanical and Electrical crafts. The Maintenance Technician will support the facility’s vision of increased uptime, reliability, efficiency and profitability by assisting the maintenance team with scheduled routine maintenance.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, repairing, and maintaining industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and uptime.
- Performing predictive precision maintenance to identify and correct mechanical/electrical defects before machines fail.
- Maintaining operations equipment to achieve optimal performance levels and meet customer demands.
- Working with operations associates to identify and prioritize maintenance needs.
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participating in the safety program.
- Helping meet and/or exceed production, waste, and quality goals through a quality maintenance program.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- At least one or more of the following:
- Two (2) years or more of manufacturing, industrial maintenance experience
- Associate’s degree or higher in an electrical/mechanical or electromechanical field prior to beginning employment with Georgia-Pacific.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working with Industrial Controls, e.g.: PLC’s, motor controls, control values, electrical distribution, and/or industrial instrumentation for flow, pressure, and temperature
- Mechanical maintenance experience, including fluid handling and conveyor systems, accumulators, valve identification, application and welding
- Experience programming variable frequency drives (VFD’s)
- Experience with corrugator (MarquipWard, MHI, Fosber, E& L) equipment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf