Sr. Software Developer (Back-end)
OnPoint Digital Solutions is looking for a Senior Software Developer (Back-End) to join our competitive software development team. The Senior Software Developer (Back-End) will have the opportunity to be a critical part of a fast-growing technology start-up within a large and stable company, working with industrial clients across a broad set of companies while leveraging cutting-edge technical solutions in problem-solving/optimization.
The Senior Software Developer (Back-End) will make critical contributions to architect and deliver scalable commercial software product in the analytics domain involving data science/machine learning/big data. The successful candidate will apply their technical expertise to build a data-intensive, distributed, cloud-native multi-tenant SaaS software platform, iteratively. Excellent communication and collaboration skills are required, and the successful candidate must be passionate about customer satisfaction.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Collaborate with Product Owner, UX Designers, software engineers, and stakeholders to design, build, and ship new features/improvements every 1-2 weeks to production
- Design, develop data-intensive distributed back-end components (Web APIs, domain logic, distributed components, services) meeting complex scalability and performance requirements
- Investigate and improve product performance across tiers/layers
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Mentor entry level developers with best practices such as design/architectural patterns and writing efficient code
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of professional experience working with back-end development technologies such as C#, Java, Python, REST APIs, SQL and/or NoSQL databases
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2+ years of experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure) and architectures such as distributed systems and micro-services
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures, algorithms, design, and architecture patterns
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field from an accredited institution
- Experience building on data-intensive systems – complexity involving handling large data volume, performance/memory constraints and scalability needs
- Experience/knowledge with building elastic systems, systems that scale automatically on demand
- Experience with distributed cache systems such as Redis, Memcached, etc.
- Experience with both RDBMS (SQL) and NoSQL technologies and dealt with technical complexities such as concurrency, partitioning, etc.
- Experience with Object-Oriented Design (OOD), domain-driven design (DDD)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf