Director of Operations
This job posting is no longer active.
Director of Operations – Pelahatchie, MS
Picture yourself building a successful career at Georgia-Pacific Color-Box® working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of Transforming Daily Life™ with resources and innovations that help improve high color graphics in consumer corrugated packaging.
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Director of Operations to lead our corrugated converting operations in Pelahatchie, MS. The Director of Operations is an exciting opportunity for an experienced manufacturing leader. The Director of Operations will lead the Pelahatchie team of 110 salaried and hourly employees in environmental and safety standards and create a culture of safety, compliance as well as Principled Entrepreneurship®. Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to motivate others to contribute at the highest level.
Check out these videos/links to learn more about the Corrugated Business at Georgia-Pacific:
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Advancing our company culture, Market Based Management
- Identifying and aligning operational priorities with commercial business vision - ensure production and delivery of the highest quality products at the lowest costs, consistent with customer requirements, company plans and profit objectives
- Provide strategic leadership and coaching to employees through a shared vision for the operation.
- Develop knowledge systems and measurements that help the business make profitable decisions.
- Effectively manage and advance all aspects of manufacturing – Safety & Health, Environmental, Reliability, Quality, Shipping, Scheduling, Maintenance, Productivity, Cost, Yield, Compliance and Capital/Maintenance Investment
- Develop an understanding of the current state, the desired future state, develops and executes plans and strategies to close the gaps.
- Identify, understand and adopt relevant best practices to advance faster than the competition
- Develop, lead and coach teams for maximum engagement and participation in pursuit of objectives and goals.
- Direct and indirect responsibilities for salary and hourly operation employees, including development of roles/responsibilities/expectations, performance reviews and compensation evaluations for each individual employee
- Influencing, interfacing, and gaining credibility across a wide range of levels:
- Executive (GP management team, senior leadership, external customers)
- Direct reports, Supervisors and front-line employees
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 5 years of Plant/Operations Management experience within the manufacturing/production industry
- Experience managing direct reports
- Experience with or Knowledge of Health & Safety processes
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite such as Excel (create/modify spreadsheets), Word (create/modify documents), and PowerPoint (prepare/present presentations), and Outlook (email correspondence)
- Experience with financial analysis/economic thinking around plant production costs
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Three (3) or more years of corrugated manufacturing operations leadership experience with multiple direct reports
- Experience with high speed manufacturing/converting machinery
- Knowledge of equipment servicing, planning/scheduling, mechanical maintenance, plant engineering, quality and corrugator/converting processes & equipment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.