Dixie® Consumer Products, a division of Georgia-Pacific Corporation, is now hiring Operators in Darlington, SC! This position creates value by monitoring safety, quality and production of various plate machines, packaging, and other manufacturing equipment.
Our Darlington facility manufactures Dixie® paper products. To learn more about Dixie®, please visit www.dixie.com!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Monitor quality and production of various plate machines, bowl, packaging and other manufacturing equipment
- Provide proper inspections of maintenance of equipment to ensure reliable operation while minimizing downtime and repair costs
- Proactively contribute in a team environment
- Maintain necessary production records
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Willingness to work in a tobacco free environment
- Capable of working in a hot, humid, noisy and high-volume machine production area
- Committed to and capable of wearing required Personal Protective Equipment
- Willing and able to work 12 hour shifts to include, daytime, evening, weekend, holiday and overtime hours
- Ability to perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended periods of time (lifting, walking, climbing and stooping)
- Willing and able to work in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with hand/power tools
- One (1) or more years of experience troubleshooting, adjusting, and repairing production equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working with computerized systems
- Able to successfully work in a team environment
- Experience as a cup or plate machine mechanic
- Two (2) or more years of mechanical experience in a manufacturing environment
- Work experience that demonstrates increased responsibility and decision making over time
- Possess your own mechanical tools
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf