Do you aspire to leverage and further develop your skills and lead a team to excellence in safety, efficiency, and quality? If so, this could be the opportunity for you! Georgia Pacific is seeking a Plant Manager at our Newington, NH facility. The Plant Manager leads a team to ensure a safe and injury/incident-free environment in our fast-paced plant. They motivate, coach, and inspire by demonstrating, promoting, and applying Georgia-Pacific’s Market Based Management (MBM®) in daily actions and decisions to deliver maximum value to the business and our customers. If you are a driven leader who can operate with a principled entrepreneurial spirit, we’d like to learn more about you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensuring the team is aligned to our company visions and that individuals understand how they are expected to create value in their roles
- Ensuring direct reports are focused on the highest value creation opportunities and minimizing distractions associated with lower priority tasks
- Collaborating with Safety, Environmental, Maintenance, Operations, Controller, and Quality Leaders to gain the knowledge tools to elevate a team to its full potential
- Embracing and managing change to drive innovation and process improvements
- Applying MBM® to foster a culture where employees are empowered
- Facilitating team and employee development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership, and holding employees accountable
- Taking accountability of safety quality and efficiency through leadership, individual ownership and accountability, teamwork, and delegation
- Coaching, motivating, and mentoring the team to drive safe and efficient behaviors leading to positive outcomes. Taking corrective action measures as needed
- Using critical & economic thinking, challenge process, and team collaboration to resolve issues and drive innovation, efficiency, and safety excellence.
- Leveraging strong oral and written communication skills to communicate with the facility team, leadership, and corporate associates in Atlanta
- Using organization and planning skills to develop an efficient meeting cadence aimed at achieving plant goals while utilizing data to drive decisions
- Using critical thinking, processes, and collaboration to assist the team in troubleshooting equipment and process issues
The Experience You Will Bring
- A high school diploma or GED
- A minimum of two (10) years leadership experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment, -- OR -- four (6) years of experience in the Gypsum industry – OR – an Associate’s degree or higher with experience in manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Willing and able to make safely the top priority and maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Transformation experience utilizing automation and advanced technology to improve operations
- Experience coaching, counseling, and developing employee
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical or business discipline
- Previous Gypsum experience
Georgia-Pacific’s Building Products business is consistently among the nation’s top suppliers of building products to large warehouse retailers and building materials dealers. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com. And, to learn more about our gypsum products, visit www.gpgypsum.com.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf