Manufacturing Advancement and Analytics Intern
INVISTA Canada's Kingston Nylon manufacturing site located in Kingston, Ontario is looking for an Engineering Intern to support INVISTA’s manufacturing plants around the world in the Research and Development team. A successful candidate will be responsible for leveraging INVISTA’s data assets - thousands of sources and billions of records from across our operations – to improve the company’s business performance.
It is an exciting phase in INVISTA’s continued evolution through growth and transformation projects. This position will be a key strategic addition in growing the capability of our global operations to make data driven decisions. This opening is for a 16-month term, starting May 2021 through August 2022.
This isn’t your average internship. We are looking for motivated and talented people who will help us meet the challenge of leading rapid experimentation, pursuing continuous innovation and creating long-term value for customers and society. INVISTA is an independently managed but wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc.
What will you do in your role.
- Advance digitization strategies to modernize manufacturing sites. Seek out and apply emerging technologies in autonomous systems, sensors, analytics and robotics.
- Utilize designed experiments and data analytics to advance site manufacturing processes.
- Drive quality advancement programs to improve product consistency and suitability for current and emerging end uses.
- Collaborate with technical, operations and business resources.Work with a sense of urgency, applying critical and economic thinking to create sustaining value solutions.
- Develop problem statements against prioritized opportunities, design rapid experiments and embrace the peer challenge process with intellectual honesty to deliver value.
- Analyze large data sets to generate knowledge systems that present actionable information.
- Document test work through reports and program review presentations.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Adaptability to self-manage effectively in both individual and team-oriented roles with minimal supervision.
The experience you will bring.
·Currently enrolled or recent graduate of a University Engineering degree program.
Who is INVISTA?
INVISTA is one of the world’s largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon applications. We deliver exceptional value for our customers through market insights, technological innovations and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks.
Our Guiding Principles – Integrity, Respect, Humility, Knowledge, Self-actualization, Principled Entrepreneurship, Stewardship & Compliance, and Transformation – define the INVISTA culture. If those words are in your DNA, then please submit your resume via the application link.