- As an Accounting controller you are based in Shanghai and responsible to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, both US GAAP and statutory GAAP, of focus areas by liaising with business functions, finance business partners and Koch financial services and leverage capabilities.
- You interact with key stakeholders in the respective entities, business units and division(s), Koch global and regional finance organizations, GPO (global process owner), Koch Tax and legal, Government authorities, in- and external auditors and advisors.
- This role reports to the GBS Regional Hub Controllership Supervisor in Shanghai
What You Will Do In Your Role
- The linking pin between the finance execution centers (Koch financial services and Leverage capabilities) and the business with the purpose to ensure the numbers are accurate and timely reported – take ownership of the end-result;
- Regularly review the balance sheet and P&L to ensure that it reflects reality by looking back and looking ahead to manage expectations;
- Participate in finance related optimization and integration projects;
- Supporting the business partners with financial reporting related queries – primary contact for the business;
- Drive operational excellence in the execution centers by advising and coaching on process execution;
- Identifying process improvement initiatives and aligning with business partners on decision making process;
- Accountable and responsible for correct periodic corporate reporting;
- Involved in implementing process, internal control and tax improvement initiatives;
- Final approval of statutory filings;
- Managing operational tax related queries from the business partner;
- Ensure finance master data is accurate and reflects business needs.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Master in Finance, Accounting or Controlling. Post-Master Accountancy is preferred (RA, CPA);
- At least 5 Years of relevant experience which includes working in a corporate multinational finance organization;
- Experience in working within a shared Service Center concept;
- Experience in transition and/or transforming financial processes;
- Good system knowledge (SAP is preferred);
- Involved in/managing IT optimization projects are preferred;
- Solid understanding of USGAAP, local GAAP and tax accounting principles applicable to the entities supported.
- Fluent in English, both oral and in writing.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills;
- Influencing skills and the ability to relay a message to different levels in the organization;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Can-do mentality and always striving for excellence;
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills;
- The ability to quickly learn new systems;
- Ability to work in teams with diverse talent and experience in a fast-paced international environment;
- Good understanding of international conventions and practices, business etiquette and customs is preferred;
- Able to look ahead, gain insights and manage expectations;
- Be a self starter and work independently.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf