We are currently recruiting Machine Operators for the Savannah River Mill. In this role, you will be part of the continued operation and reliability improvements of various production lines. This position will work closely with Manufacturing Engineers, other Advanced Technicians, Reliability Technicians, Technicians, and various members of the product system the technician is assigned to.
This Machine Operator role will work in a high energy, dynamic organization established on the principles of an adaptive work system focused on the execution of reliability strategies. Technicians will learn and apply the equipment theory of operation and the operational processes. This position pays $17/hour and will work a 12-hour rotating shift schedule.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Proactively identify hazards and mitigate risk
- Adhere to high standards for quality and product safety
- Operate, maintain and repair equipment to the desired competitive state
- Flow to the highest value work
- Effectively communicate valuable information to the team using a variety of tools (verbal, written, electronic, etc.)
- Apply knowledge and expertise while building and improving asset strategies:
- Operate equipment within operations targets and limits along with providing feedback on improvements
- Evaluate and execute operator basic care (OBC) and lube routes
- Make recommendations on spare parts strategy
- Actively engage in the execution of Zone Ownership and/ or equipment PPR's (Primary Person Responsible)
- Basic troubleshooting and repairing of systems, equipment, components and processes
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of six (6) months of experience in a manufacturing, industrial, farming, construction, and/or military environment
- Willing and able to work rotating twelve (12) hour shifts that include weekends, holidays, and overtime
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations to include wearing safety equipment as required by specific jobs
- Willing and able to work in a sometimes hot, cold, humid, dusty and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to work around dust, oil, grease, chemicals, and other substances
- Willing and able to perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks throughout the 12-hr shift, to include lifting, pushing/pulling, gripping, reaching, sitting, walking, standing, bending, climbing ladders/stairs
- Willing and able to work and/or operate mobile equipment at heights
What Will Put You Ahead
- Operations experience on converting equipment
- Minimum one (1) year experience troubleshooting and repairing equipment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf