FORKLIFT OPERATOR A
Georgia-Pacific is hiring a Forklift Operator for our OSB facility in Fordyce, AR. The Forklift Operator is responsible for ensuring that production goals are met by moving material efficiently through various departments in the mill and providing supplies for operators. Perform other duties as assigned. A strong commitment to safety standards and knowledge of forklift operations are critical for success in this role.
Georgia-Pacific employees are self-motivated and have a commitment to attendance excellence and punctuality. If this role interests you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Georgia-Pacific in Fordyce, AR manufactures Oriented Strand Board (OSB) structural panels of compressed wood used in housing construction and remodeling. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit http://www.buildgp.com/.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Demonstrating proficiency with forklift operation in order to obtain a forklift certification for our mill
- Loading and unloading materials
- Completing shipping documentation (both manually and with the use of a computer software system)
- Working as part of a team to meet production and quality goals
- Organizing final products for shipping and distribution
- Performing basic preventive maintenance on equipment
- Completing general housekeeping duties to maintain a continuously safe and clean team work environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least one (1) year of experience operating a forklift?
- Able to work rotating shifts, holidays, weekends and overtime as necessary?
- Able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toed boots and other PPE as required by specific job?
- Able to work in a sometimes hot, cold, dusty and noisy industrial environment?
- Able to obtain a mobile equipment license and operate mobile equipment?
- Able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to 12 hours?
- Learn and operate equipment within the finish department?
What Will Put You Ahead
- Three (3) or more years of experience safely driving or operating a forklift within a manufacturing or industrial environment?
- Work experience in lumber or wood products?
- Previous experience using a computer for basic record-keeping and documentation functions?
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf