KRAFT PRODUCT SYSTEM LEADER
Georgia-Pacific has an exciting opportunity for a talented Product System Leader for the Kraft Paper Machines and Kraft Shipping at our Palatka, Florida facility. Located just south of Jacksonville and west of St. Augustine, FL, the Palatka mill employs about 950 people has three tissue paper machines, two Kraft Paper Machines as well as several converting lines and produces consumer tissue products such as bath tissue and paper towels sold under the Georgia-Pacific brand names of Angel Soft®, Quilted Northern®, Brawny®, and Sparkle®.
The Kraft Product System Leader has 10 direct reports and 77 indirect within their organization and have responsibility for 2 Kraft Paper Machines and Kraft Shipping. This individual in this role reports to the Operations Manager and works closely with Operations, Manufacturing Engineers, Asset Availability Leader, Maintenance Planners, Reliability Coordinator, Learning Specialist, Craftspeople, and Contractors to create the greatest long-term value for Georgia-Pacific.
What you will do in your role.
- Lead and mentor employees to apply MBM® (Market Based Management), consistent with our Guiding Principles.
- Lead and foster the team to value safety including risk identification and personal ownership, through a principled based approach.
- Ensure organizational structure, succession plans and individual roles, responsibilities and expectations are aligned with mill and organizational tactical and strategic goals and maximize value for the company
- Lead the implementation of complete asset strategies and facilitate zone ownership strategy and operator basic care execution by transferring ownership to operators and technicians to operate, maintain and improve
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership in the areas of safety, asset reliability, cost optimization, quality capability, productivity and strategic capital planning and execution
- Optimize the product stream
- Responsible for asset performance to meet facility goals
- Hold team and individuals accountable for operating and reliability strategies
- Help transfer knowledge to team members and enable them to succeed
- Participate in process for team selection, development, and performance management/improvement of operators/technicians
- Develop framework and systems to allow the team to succeed
- Ability to get work done through others
The experience you will bring.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
- 5 or more years of experience leading aspects of a paper manufacturing process such as a paper machine or paper department
- 5 or more years of supervisory experience with responsibility for performance management of direct reports
- Previous experience working within a continuous process manufacturing environment
- Experience leading a product stream with one or more paper machines and a shipping area.
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis techniques
- Experience working within a union environment
- Experience working in an uncoated brown/Kraft paper manufacturing operation
- Experience with flat board paper making process
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf