Instrument Support Tech
This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific's, Taylorsville Chemical Facility is seeking a qualified individual to join its manufacturing team as an Instrumentation Technician. This position creates value by ensuring reliability of equipment to help meet and exceed the facility's goals for quality and production by inspecting, troubleshooting, and diagnosing/or control problems on all manufacturing equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures. This will primarily be a first shift position that will include an on-call rotation every other week. At Georgia-Pacific, we value and recognize employees who are safety-minded, innovative, and who challenge the status quo. If this sounds like the company and position you’ve been looking for, apply today!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensuring proper operation of all control system components to include: electronic components, analyzers, on/off valves, control valves solenoids, limit switches, DCS and related I/O modules
- Working with Supervisors, Maintenance Personnel, and Operations to plan, procure and document activities for the enhancement of electrical and instrumentation maintenance within the facility
- Sharing knowledge with other technicians as it relates to maintaining and troubleshooting DCS, instrumentation, and controls
- Applying all applicable codes, regulations, reliability strategies, corporate and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) standards
- Improving operations productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, and coordination of labor, parts, material, tools, and equipment access
- Reviewing, developing, and/or modifying work orders for all plant equipment and entering work orders into the facility maintenance system
- Contacting vendors and manufacturers as needed for support in issue resolution
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment as required by specific jobs
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working with Industrial Controls, e.g.: DCS, motor controls, control valves, and industrial instrumentation for flow, level, pressure, and temperature
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, on-call and holidays
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word and Excel e.g.: creating and editing Word documents and Excel spreadsheets
- Experience reading and following control scheme, electrical and maintenance schematics/blueprints
- Willing and able to work at heights, in confined spaces, and in hot or cold weather conditions
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 12 hours a day
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. Willing and able to follow facial hair guidelines for respirator usage
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate or Technical degree or higher in Instrumentation, Electronic Technology AND at least two (2) years of electrical/electronic and/or instrument & control troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Experience with systems integration e.g.: PLC, HMI, instrumentation, networking, communication, and power distribution
- Experience with Allen Bradley, PowerFlex or other Variable Speed drives
- Experience with computer operating systems, networks and electronic information handling
- Experience with Honeywell, Experion or other Distributed Control System (DCS) platforms
- Experience with Honeywell BMS, Honeywell transmitters (temperature, pressure, and level), Emerson Micromotion Flowmeters and Emerson Rosemount transmitters (temperature, pressure, and level)
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing process control elements, PLCs, photo eyes and other automated equipment
- Experience with Motor Control Centers (MCCs) and related electrical equipment up to 480V
- Experience with electrical one line drawings, cable schedules, functional descriptions, I/O lists, and other related electrical documents Allen-Bradley, ControlLogix or other PLC programming and/or troubleshooting experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.