Director of Acquisition
INVISTA is seeking a Director of Acquisitions that will drive of growth in our business via bolt-on acquisitions. This person will make a valuable contribution to the overall growth of the business through identifying acquisitions and successfully driving through integration.
Aligning with stakeholders and executive leadership, this Director will originate and develop potential acquisitions opportunities as well as drive execution of those opportunities. The successful candidate will partner with internal partners to assess industry attractiveness and support target due diligence.
INVISTA is among the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon. With a business presence in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including CORDURA® fabric, STAINMASTER® carpet, and ANTRON® carpet fiber. INVISTA's businesses include Intermediates, Performance Solutions, and Performance Technologies. We transform daily life through innovations that create long-term value for our customers and society. You can be a part of the difference by joining the INVISTA team.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Acquisition Strategy Development: Will collaborate with team and business leaders to develop and recommend strategic options that will result in an aligned and actionable acquisition strategy
- Origination and Evaluation: Effectively influence decisions with soft skills and profitable risk-adjusted assessment of opportunities; continually upgrade screening framework; expand industry and market knowledge to efficiently screen investments
- Diligence process management: Apply internal and external resources to perform due diligence with integrity, efficiency, certainty, and confidentiality
- Risk Assessment: Identify risks and implications associated with acquisitions and make recommendations aligned with risk tolerance of the company.
- Transaction Execution: Lead efforts to structure, negotiate and close acquisition opportunities
- Coach:Help with analysts’ professional development, helping them achieve their professional goals and reach their potential which is essential for fulfillment
- Collaborate with INVISTA Enterprise Development, Koch Equity Development and other Koch business development teams in expanding and improving INVISTA’s acquisition capabilities.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in corporate development, private equity, or investment banking
- 3+ years of experience in due diligence process
- 3+ years of project management
- 3+ years of experience with high-quality deliverables and decision framing, including financial and market analysis, scenarios and key drivers analysis, and innovative approaches to visualization
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate high integrity and compliance with all laws.
- Be focused on long-term value creation.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit mindset and be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel.
- Be comfortable delivering on short time frames and meeting deadlines.
- The ability to build relationships and influence others.
- Understand and anticipate customer requirements.
- Be open to learning and challenge and transformation (personal and business).
- Drive continuous improvement in capabilities (e.g. transaction structuring and diligence, option thinking, etc.)
- Embrace change and be motivated to identify new opportunities for the company.
- Be modest in nature, recognizing the accomplishments of the team before the individual
- Be respectful of others
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf