This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific is seeking safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Pipefitter in Toledo, OR. This position is a vital resource for our ongoing success and productivity and we are very interested in learning more about you!
The Pipefitter position starts out with a pay of $35.60 per hour with a raise to $37.16 per hour after 120 a day probationary period with completion of multi-craft training or demonstrated multi-craft skills. Georgia Pacific offers a generous benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance with FSA or HSA, short-term disability, 401k with employer match, paid time off, a Monday through Friday scheduled with overtime opportunities, paid continuing education, education reimbursement opportunities, and no travel required.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Improving operations productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning and coordinating labor, parts, materials, tools, and equipment access
- Accurately following work plans, drawings, and schedules for machine installations or rebuilds that involve proprietary technology
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, procedures and actively participating in the safety program
- Troubleshooting, installing, performing routine repairs, and setup for equipment and components in all areas of the facility
- Working within a flex-trade, industrial/manufacturing environment to complete tasks and utilizing skills to handle multiple tasks.
- Effectively operating welding equipment to install, maintain, and fabricate industrial piping systems, such as process piping, process steam, steam heating, hot water heating, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting hydraulic and pneumatic systems, to include but not limited to controls, pumps, and cylinders
- Demonstrating understanding of and ability to apply all codes regulations, reliability strategies and corporate and mill standards to the planning of mechanical jobs
- Operating material handling equipment, including hoists, lifts, rigging equipment, cranes and lift trucks to complete mechanical installation and service of piping system equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience or schooling in one or more of the following:
- Four (4) years Journey level experience as a maintenance Pipefitter/Welder in an industrial/manufacturing setting
- Completion of a State Certified Apprenticeship Program
- Combination of pipefitter/welder industrial/manufacturing experience with completion of a Trade School certificate and/or degree
- Experience with pipe fitting and welding, i.e.; laying out of pipe run, stainless steel welding, carbon steel welding, stick welding, tig, mig, arc, etc.
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to provide your own metric and standard tools
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to repetitively lift 50lbs.
- Willing and able to work within a team environment; communicating with all levels of the organization which may include other maintenance employees, engineers, technicians, and/or outside contractors
What Will Put You Ahead
- Technical degree/training
- Maintenance experience in a paper/manufacturing environment
- Four (4) years of more industrial maintenance experience
- Completion of a State Certified Apprenticeship Program or Trade School certification and/or degree
- Experience rigging, such as chain falls, chokers, slings, nylon belts, monorails, eyebolts, shackles, and beam clamps
- Experience working with hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Experience reading blueprints, technical and mechanical drawings, Process & Instrument Diagrams (P&ID’s) and schematics
- Experience using Microsoft Office 356 and Skype for Business
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.