Our Georgia-Pacific location in Toledo, OR is looking for our next Electrical Journeyman team member. An Oregon General or Manufacturing Plant Journeyman License is required for this role.
Wages for this role are $35.59 an hour with a generous benefits package. Benefits include competitive medical/dental/vision insurance with FSA or HSA, short-term disability, 401k with employer match, paid time off, a Monday through Friday schedule with overtime opportunities, paid continuing education, education reimbursement opportunities, and no travel required.
***Please note that this role is eligible for a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus***
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Problem solving, troubleshooting, installing, repairing and maintaining facility electrical distribution and manufacturing process equipment
- Monitoring and providing feedback on equipment conditions and potential failure risks
- Troubleshooting AC/DC drives
- Making modifications to existing conduit and wiring
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- An Oregon general (J) or Manufacturing Plant (PJ) license *Due to Reciprocity, licensing also includes: Arkansas, Idaho, Maine, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming*
- Two (2) years or more of electrical experience in an industrial or military environment
- Willing and able to work an eight (8) or twelve (12) hour shift, holidays, weekends, overtime and on call hours as needed
- Willing and able to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Willing to be entered into our two year Instrument Apprenticeship Program to become E&I Journeyman.
- Knowledge of NEC (National Electric Code)
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, to write business correspondence, Excel, for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas, and Outlook, for internal and external correspondence
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with PLC’s (Programmable Logic Control) and ABB or Allen Bradley drives
- Experience with a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Experience with AC and DC motors, drives and medium voltage switchgears
- Experience reading single line schematics
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing, overhauling, and maintaining electrical/mechanical equipment and air conditioning systems
- Experience with calibration, loop checking and maintenance/repair of instrument and pneumatic equipment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf