Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Do you want to work for a company that can offer you advancement and learning opportunities while utilizing your current problem-solving and technical skills to troubleshoot and repair equipment? At Georgia-Pacific, we value and recognize employees who are safety-minded, innovative, and who challenge the status quo.
We are currently looking for a Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician at our corrugated sheets plant in Akron/Mogadore, OH. If you want to work for an industry leader, apply today!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain all electrical and mechanical equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Support efforts to maximize production outputs and efficiencies through creative problem solving, adaptation, and correction of process bottlenecks
- Respond to operator, quality and/or supervisor requests on equipment specifications/issues
- Communicate daily work performed and machine conditions via written, verbal and computer documentation
- Install and repair mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, belts, cylinder, couplings and a vast degree of other mechanical and electrical components
- Read and interpret mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics
- Complete mechanical and electrical preventative maintenance
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) years or more of experience as a maintenance technician OR an Associate’s degree in an electrical or industrial maintenance discipline
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing mechanical issues on manufacturing equipment
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Willing and able to work rotating twelve (12) hour shifts, overtime, weekends, and holidays
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing electrical issues on manufacturing equipment
- Experience using precision tools e.g.: inside and outside micrometers, multimeters, indicators and voltage testers
- Experience with electronic components, sensors, programmable logic controls (PLCs), AC/DC drives and motors, and servo drives and motors
- Experience reading mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics/blueprints
- Educational or on the job experience working with hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Educational or on the job experience working with boiler systems
- Experience operating welder, torch, plasma cutter, mill, lathe, drill press and power/hand tools
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf