Production Operator - Wallboard
At Georgia-Pacific, we won’t just offer you a job, we’ll offer you a career that will allow you to learn and innovate as an individual and that will benefit your community. If you are someone who wants to work for a company that will value your skills and ideas, then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
Start your career as a Production Operator at our North Las Vegas, NV gypsum facility. This position will work on a production line manufacturing wallboard that is trusted and used in residential and commercial construction throughout Las Vegas and the surrounding areas.
Georgia-Pacific offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, paid holidays and paid vacations, as well as overtime opportunities. Top performers could earn variable pay through the sites P-pay program and spot bonuses.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensuring that machines are set up properly and performing optimally
- Troubleshooting and making machine adjustments as needed
- Contributing to the site’s safety record by ensuring the team works safely
- Driving forklifts to move finished wallboard to the warehouse
- Working as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals
- Cleaning work area throughout assigned shifts to ensure an orderly and safe environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Previous experience within an industrial, manufacturing, production, construction, warehouse, military or farming environment
- Willing and able to work 12 hours rotating shift that includes weekends, holidays and overtime if necessary
- Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, dusty and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for a minimum of twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
What Will Put You Ahead
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year or more of experience within an industrial, manufacturing, production or military environment
- Experience identifying, analyzing and troubleshooting quality issues
- Experience troubleshooting equipment
- Experience identifying and developing process improvement initiatives
- Experience operating heavy equipment to include but not limited to; forklifts, front end loaders, and bulldozers
- Experience working with construction materials i.e. lumber, gypsum, plaster, brick, insulation, etc.
- Experience using hand tools in the workplace to include but not limited to; rakes, shovels, hand saws, wrenches, and screwdrivers
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf