Electrical Engineer - Bulk Cable/Cable Assembly
Molex CMS product team is seeking a dynamic and proactive Electrical Design Engineer to develop, characterize and release various automotive cable designs, for in-vehicle networks in the automotive industry. This role will play a key part in interacting with preferred automotive cable vendors to characterize, define and release automotive cables for Molex networking solutions. Main responsibilities for this position include: Understanding and application of Automotive cable standards such as USCAR 2, GMW3191 and USCAR17; Testing, documentation and release of cable solutions, including the use of Automotive high-speed electronic equipment such as BER testers, Network Analyzers, TDRs and other SI lab equipment.Team oriented development of cable solutions including: Testing, Validation and Release, Troubleshooting, Vendor Engagement.Development of analytical cable modeling functionality for design support in connect/cable solutions.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Background in the development of best in-class product designs and quality.
- Working knowledge of High speed and electrical instrumentation
- Understanding in high speed data applications (solutions, connectors, and cables) and working knowledge of transmission line theory, s-parameters, bit error rate testing, crosstalk, characteristic impedance, eye diagrams, time domain analysis.
- A critical mind for validation and high-quality standards
- Commitment to adding maximum value by on-time and highest quality project completion.
- Ability to identify opportunities for continual improvement
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering
- minimum 2-4 years of experience in cable/connector design and analysis of high-speed solutions
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf