Facility Environmental Specialist
Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our building products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others. Our containerboard and packaging business offers high-end graphic packaging to bulk bins as well as Golden Isles fluff pulp. You may also recognize consumer brands like Angel Soft®, Brawny®, and Dixie® on retail shelves and enMotion® towels, Compact® bath tissue and SmartStock® cutlery dispensers when you are away from home. Our GP Harmon business is one of the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics.
What You Will Do In Your Role
We will look to you to conduct activities to implement and support environmental compliance and management system while participating in the implementation of Georgia-Pacific’s 7-element environmental management system. You will champion our company culture (Market-Based Management® and Operations Excellence) by demonstrating to employees how actions connect to our environmental vision and create long-term value. You will support continuous improvement of the facility’s environmental management system and coordinate with facility environmental leader and manufacturing personnel.Responsibilities include
- Tracking metrics at the facility
- Meet day to day environmental compliance requirements of applicable permits, plans, and regulations, which may include collecting records, preparing reports, conducting inspections, and sample collection
- Provide training
- Your ability to embrace change, support continuous improvement, and effectively balances multiple priorities and ability to stay organized will be valuable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are important in this role
- This role reports to the Facility Environmental Manager
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or related field
- Knowledge and experience with with data management and sampling procedures.
What Will Put You Ahead
- 2 years of environmental compliance experience, along with an educational background in science or engineering.
- Experience with major technical/regulatory requirements and an understanding of environmental management systems
As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visit www.gp.com.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf