Shipping Supervisor – Madera, CA
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Shipping Supervisor to join our team in Madera, CA. The Shipping Supervisor will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Madera, CA shipping/receiving and warehouse area. Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to: planning, assigning, finished goods inventory, and directing the loading/receiving crews, working with and traveling to offsite customers and vendors. This role will work with other departments in efforts to identify improvement opportunities and solutions.
To learn more about the GP Corrugated Business, check out these videos/links:
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Supervise and provide leadership to shipping/receiving operations and assigned department employees on three shifts.
- Plan and direct all shipping on a daily basis while ensuring accuracy of shipping documents
- Communicate closely with production and scheduling teams to ensure timely shipment of all product.
- Ensure incoming items/materials are unloaded based upon schedule and in a timely manner
- Communicate to those needed of items/materials arrived
- Work alongside other leaders such as the Quality Manager to resolve such issues as quality complaints. May require travel to customer/vendor locations and/or phone or onsite meetings with customers/vendors.
- Prepare all necessary paperwork for shipments.
- Ensures timely shipping schedules are met
- Maintaining safe work environment and ensure compliance with all safety practices in all business initiatives.
- Assist in transportation management, ensuring that all outbound shipments are timely and meet customer orders.
- Provide coaching, timely feedback and direction to team members
- Supervision of a three-shift operation with responsibility in training, coaching and accountability for hourly employees.
- Exchange information regularly with managers, supervisors, employees, and contract carrier.
- Ability to negotiate freight rates and work with motor carriers.
- Work with on-site and off-site contract carrier to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Active involvement in daily production meetings.
- Exhibit strong problem solving, decision making and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 3 years of Logistics, Shipping/Receiving or Warehouse Management experience
- Willing and able to work a Monday through Friday, day shift position; however, must be able to work weekends and holidays when needed
- Willing and able to work safely and promote and enforce safe work practices to include wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, dusty, non-air conditioned or unheated areas.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates Degree or higher
- At least 5 years of leadership or supervisory experience while working in an industrial, manufacturing/production or military environment
- Corrugated products manufacturing/shipping experience
- Experience scheduling in a manufacturing plant
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf