MAINTENANCE LINE LEADER
Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
Guardian Glass is seeking you to become our next Maintenance Lead in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin! This position is eligible for a $1,000 sign on bonus after 30 days of employment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Safety-first mentality
- Maintenance Technician advanced knowledge and troubleshooting skills of PLCs and industrial electricity
- Experience with A/C and D/C drives and welding
- Advanced knowledge and the ability to troubleshoot and repair highly automated equipment
- Ability to use/interpret prints and schematics
- Basic mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic skills, along with knowledge of 480 volt electric safety
- Ability to install new equipment and/or replace existing equipment
- Critical thinking skills
- Willingness to learn new technology, train others, lead the maintenance team.
- Drive root cause analysis with your team members and be in charge of increasing maintenance up-time.
What You Will Need?
- Leadership – line leaders must motivate their team and show support and guidance when necessary.
- Teamwork – working well as part of a team is critical to a line leader’s job, as they oversee their colleagues and manage their own schedule.
- Communication skills – line leaders clearly relay instructions and procedures so that all tasks are completed accurately and on time.
- Time management – production lines run on strict schedules, so line leaders must manage their own time well, as well as the time of those around them.
- Problem-solving skills – when issues with production arise, line leaders think quickly and proactively to resolve them as soon as possible. Troubleshooting skills are important to success in this profession.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Associate Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Robotics Engineering or 5 years of closely related experience
- Has ability to think quickly and prioritize down-time severity
- Strong customer focus for both internal and external customers
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Ability to troubleshoot root causes and apply long-term solutions
- Ability to follow directions and procedures
- Ability to practice diplomacy and tact along with a strong ability/desire to teach and help others
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Robotics Engineering or 5 years of closely related experience
- Lead or Supervisor Experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf