Automation Engineer - Remote Monitoring (CSC)
The Collaboration and Support Center (CSC), located in midtown Atlanta, GA at Tech Square, was developed to provide greater remote support to Georgia-Pacific (GP) manufacturing operations. The CSC team partners with operating facilities by providing collaboration and support across multi-disciplines of expertise (GP and Vendors) to achieve scalable problem solving across manufacturing sites and businesses. The team uses the best available technology with an enterprise wide approach and primarily focuses in the areas of Asset Health, Process Safety, and Process Optimization. We are currently seeking qualified professionals to fill the role of Automation Engineer – Remote Monitoring: An Electrical, Automation, or Mechatronics Engineer with experience in Material Handling & Packaging Automation.
Individuals in this space will need good technical and communication skills and enjoy working on complex, chronic problems. A successful individual in this role must be willing to take personal initiative to understand unit operations, gain relevant knowledge, engage SME's, and be able to work both individually and as a part of a team in a dynamic environment. An individual’s contributions add value to the organization by assisting site personnel with solving complex problems, quantifying/prioritizing opportunities, and, as a result, improving production capacity and reliability. You must also be responsible and responsive to the needs of the sites that operate 24/7 with may in the future require 24/7 support through shift work.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- The daily routine to support operating locations is listed below, and the expectation is that the CSC team members will work together to support operations and cover for one another when needed.
- Start each day by reviewing areas/assets of responsibility and issuing a report on identified exceptions/opportunities to your site contacts.
- Identify areas that require more data/analysis and perform the necessary data review to refine insights and provide better/more focused feedback to the sites.
- Scale support capabilities of the CSC by building visualizations and configuring data for new sites. Communicate any data gaps with site and internal IT resources for resolution.
- Work individually and as a team to refine/improve our analytical models, report templates, KPIs, visualizations, etc.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 2 years or more of experience maintaining, programming, or optimizing packaging & material handling equipment and/or conveyor systems.
- Experience problem-solving with a proven history of success in root-cause analysis and issue diagnosis, (i.e. 5-Why Analysis or use of data/behavioral patterns to dig deeper into problems)
- Experience presenting technical information to a diverse audience (i.e. commercial business partners, operations personnel, and technical SME’s)
- Experience programming in an OOP language (preferably Python or C#) and knowledge of software architecture conventions and best-practices.
- Experience with Functional Office tools such as Excel (data manipulation/analysis, Word (written communication/documentation), PowerPoint (presentation/written communication), OneNote (organization and collaboration)
- Willing and able to travel to sites to build relationships with operations and to understand process - 20%.
- 3 or more years of experience in engineer, maintenance, or facility operations in an industrial manufacturing environment (preferably packaging).
- Experience programming within .NET Framework or .NET Core and knowledge of software architecture conventions and best-practices.
- Experience developing ASP.NET web applications.
- Experience with packaging system best practices and typical implementation.
- Experience remotely supporting/optimizing a manufacturing process.
- Experience analyzing historical performance data as stored in industrial data historians through tools such as Excel and imported via Python scripts.
- Experience with packaging equipment design fundamentals and general capabilities/best practices
- Experience with VFDs or Servo drives
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Automation, or Mechatronics Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf