Do you enjoy working with your hands? Are you dedicated to safety? Georgia-Pacific is looking for safety orientated individuals to join our team as Machine Operators at our Mount Olive, IL corrugate packaging facility. Machine operators create value by providing support to the operations team in meeting their production goals and continuously acquiring new skill sets to fill in around facility. Successful employees who are self-motivated will find opportunities for advancement. If this looks like a role for you, we are interested in hearing from you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work throughout the facility in various areas to include relieving employees for breaks, learning to operate production equipment, and maintaining cleanliness and safety in assigned areas
- Assist crew members with set-ups, troubleshooting and making minor machine adjustments
- Keep work area clean throughout shifts and performing tasks that may change from day to day or hour to hour
- Manage job assignments and sharing team quality goals and completing appropriate end of the day reporting
- Conduct required quality checks on products to ensure customer satisfaction
- Adhere to all safety, health, and plant rules, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Support our safe working environment by wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and abiding by
- Lock-Out-Tag-Out safety procedures
- Increase knowledge and application of work processes to understand how they lead to increased productivity and reduced waste of usable product
The Experience You Will Bring
- Six (6) months or more of experience in a manufacturing, industrial, construction, warehouse environment or military service
- Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) (i.e. bump hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs
- Willing and able to work any shift; overtime, weekends and holidays as needed with short notice
What Will Put You Ahead
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working in the corrugated industry
- Experience assisting machine operators with manufacturing equipment
- Experience with preventive or predictive maintenance on manufacturing equipment
- Experience operating a motorized forklift or clamp truck
- Experience using computers for basic record keeping and documentation functions
Georgia-Pacific in Mount Olive, IL is one of the leading corrugated box plants and a part of Georgia-Pacific’s Packaging division. We specialize in the conversion of corrugated sheets into corrugated brown boxes for consumer’s everyday use. To learn more about our Corrugated Division, visit http://www.gppackaging.com/Corrugated.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf