Process Control Engineer
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Process Control Engineer to join our Cedar Springs, GA containerboard facility.This role will be responsible for working with supervisors and operators to implement and/or improve process controls for the different levels of production.This individual will need to be a self-starter; engaging with subject matter experts to implement and/or improve the automatic control processes for startup and shutdown of assets and automatic control sequencing through DCS and drives.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Display knowledge of and the ability to leverage experience in Pulp and Paper manufacturing processes to optimize performance - processes include chemical recovery, chemical wood pulping, power and utilities, gauging systems, waste water treatment and environmental controls
- Provide leadership consistent with our Market Based Management® philosophy
- Provide leadership of the application of process control techniques
- Work closely with mill personnel to identify opportunities and solve problems
- Support of the mill process control systems in all of the areas in which these systems are installed.
- Support of process operations, through both the application of the process control systems and general troubleshooting of the processes
- Support of the maintenance group in troubleshooting problems with the processes and the process control systems
- Support of the project engineering group in planning and installing new process equipment and process control systems
- Development of process control modifications that lead to improved safety, reduced costs, and improved efficiency
- Support of the mill safety program, both through personal conduct and performance of safety audits
- Support of the mill data collection/archive system and its users
- Share department call responsibility – which consists of rotating weekend and holiday coverage
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Three (3) years of hands on programming and hardware management in industrial process control platforms and networks OR Georgia-Pacific Engineering Development Program experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor of Science in Computer, Electrical or Chemical Engineering
- Engineering and application experience with process control systems (i.e. Allen Bradley PLCs, Honeywell TDC 3000 or Experion DCS)
- Experience in supporting process control systems in a Pulp and Paper mill
- Experience with network technology
- Experience with Model adaptive predictive controls
The Cedar Springs facility is one of the largest containerboard facilities in the country with three paper machines making different weights of containerboard paper. The Cedar Springs Mill is located in the southwest corner of Georgia approximately 28 miles from Dothan, Alabama. Dothan is the 6th largest city in the state of Alabama with a population of about 70,000. From Dothan, you are only 90 miles from the beautiful Gulf Coast. You can easily drive to 3 capital cities in 3 1/2 hours or less. You are just 1.5 hours from Tallahassee, FL and Montgomery, AL. Additionally, Dothan has several parks, restaurants and local entertainment activities. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business please visit: www.gppackaging.com and view the video How Paper Is Made!
Since 1963, the Cedar Springs mill team has been on a journey to make the best products possible for customers while doing it in new and innovative ways. Creating value for our customers and for society is the ultimate goal for our business, and one of our comparative advantages is our ability to do so is through our employees. Georgia-Pacific is committed to environmental sustainability and stewardship through every stage of our business, using environmentally-conscious production practices to maximize the use of renewable raw materials throughout our process.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf