Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products Division is currently searching for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer for the Camas Mill. This role will be supporting the Converting Department. The Manufacturing Engineer will work closely with both reliability and maintenance departments in the development of long-term asset strategies. This is a key leadership role to ensure that we meet the challenge of improving at a faster rate than our competition.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Fostering behaviors that are consistent with MBM® Guiding Principles, while ensuring environmental and process safety excellence and compliance
- Developing and executing reliability and asset strategies, investigating and recommending equipment improvements, and maintaining an effective Management of Change process
- Providing technical expertise and knowledge transfer to others, supporting Zone Ownership and “Flow to the Work” to improve the overall product system, identifying and correcting knowledge gaps, and working with technicians to resolve short-term reliability issues (may require work on nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Maintaining strategies and tactical leadership in areas of EHS, Compliance, asset reliability, cost optimization, quality capability, productivity, waste, and strategic capital planning and execution
- Optimization of the product stream through knowledge sharing and coordinating new opportunities with the business, operations, and other capability groups
- Developing opportunities for true economic improvement across the Product System and then driving those projects to completion while properly using Venture Summaries to capture the value
- Manage all business aspects of a converting asset(s) or technology center including monthly operational costs, capital projects, compliance projects, production performance, and establishing a financial forecast / plan and executing against the plan
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an Engineering field with engineering or manufacturing internship experience OR five (5) or more years of manufacturing experience with paper converting equipment
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two (2) years or more of project management experience
- Experience with software tools such as Process Book, AA Database, Asset Suite, etc.
- Specific project management experience on converting equipment
- Experience developing high performance teams and managing culture change
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing facility
- Experience in the pulp and paper industry
- Equipment and/or manufacturing systems reliability experience
- Tableau and SAP experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf