At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well.
Our Particleboard facility in Diboll, Texas is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join their team. This position is an experienced skilled crafts role that creates value by performing a variety of maintenance duties by ensuring maximum facility uptime to meet production goals.
Georgia-Pacific recognizes the importance of operating in a safe and sustainable manner. Sustainability comes naturally to our employees. Not only do our products improve people’s lives, but we also operate in ways that enhance the quality of life in our communities, help ensure the economic stability of our company and help protect our environmental resources. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, and repairing industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- Performing periodic maintenance routines to identify and correct mechanical defects before they fail
- Maintaining operations equipment to achieve optimal performance levels
- Working with operations associates to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Helping meet or exceed production, waste, and quality goals by successfully maintaining production equipment
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three (3) or more years of experience installing, troubleshooting and repairing industrial equipment
- Knowledge of bearings, chains, sprockets and couplings
- Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, reading hydraulic schematics, fabrication, precision measurements
- Experience troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, and repairing industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and up time
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Experience with metal fabrication (cutting, welding, machining, etc.)
- Willing and able to operate hoisting and lifting devices, set-up, and repair of machinery, adjust machinery and repair and/or replace defective parts
- Willing and able to work any shift, including overtime, weekends, and holidays
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to wear necessary Personal Protective Equipment (safety glasses, ear plugs, hard hat, steel toe boots, etc.)
What Will Put You Ahead
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years or more of mechanical and technical training
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and repairing, electrical control systems, instrumentation, electronic circuits, (motor controls, relay logic, AC/DC drives and low voltage switchgear)
- Demonstrated ability to program and troubleshoot using PLCs
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf