Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Maintenance Leader for our Oriented Strand Board (OSB) manufacturing site in Englehart, Ontario. The Maintenance Leader will lead and support reliability initiatives within the facility. This includes working with internal and external (OE suppliers and contractor maintenance crews) resources; designing and implementing long-term continuous improvement applications and systems to enhance the longevity of the site’s equipment
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Leading and managing numerous reliability improvement initiatives and projects to achieve desired results.
- Interfacing with all levels of the organization, within the facility and groups outside the facility.
- Leading and supporting continuous improvement processes through decision making, employee involvement, systems and training.
- Meeting and exceeding objectives and metrics for safety, cost and productivity performance.
- Maintaining records associated with mechanical integrity.
- Leading development of skills and knowledge in the Maintenance Department.
- Understanding and utilize the MBM® Guiding Principles in all interactions with all Mill team members, GP team members, vendors, visitors, etc.
- Monitoring key reliability measures and establishing additional measures as needed.
- Leading/participating in the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process to identify and drive out long-term chronic problems and failures.
- Tracking RCA recommendations and ensuring they are completed.
- Coordinating handoffs to the Asset Reliability group.
- Working with Production and Reliability management members to develop and improve PM inspection routes and systems.
- Leading efforts to promote operator equipment ownership through operator essential care program.
- Actively participate in planning and executing outages for the facility
- Using Decision Making Framework process to advance beneficial projects for full funding.
- Providing leadership to direct and indirect staff to meet/exceed key operation targets and daily support to the operating area as needed.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Trades certificate or college diploma
- Three (3) or more years of experience within an industrial maintenance environment in Maintenance or Reliability leadership role
- Experience managing direct reports
- General knowledge in Maintenance Reliability, Predictive and Preventive Maintenance
- Experience routinely utilizing Root Cause Analysis or other similar problem-solving tools
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, and ability to learn various PC-based production and operations applications
- Must have experience working with a (computerized maintenance management system) CMMS
- Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
- Must be able and willing to work safely, including wearing and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering
- Leadership experience in a unionized workplace.
- Wood products experience
IND-GP-OPS Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf