Georgia-Pacific is looking for safety-oriented individuals to join our team as Production Associates in Madison, GA! Production Associates play an integral part in maintaining the success of the plant by providing coverage and support for various machine centers throughout the plant. In this position, you will support machine operators by learning to safely operate production equipment while working in a team environment.Production Associates will find opportunities to move into positions with increased responsibility.
Georgia-Pacific in Madison, GA manufactures pine plywood panels and siding that are ideal for residential and light commercial construction. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
To fill these positions, we will be holding a virtual hiring event! This virtual hiring event will take place September 30th and October 1st.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Assist with the operation of machinery to expected performance levels
- Assist with set-ups, troubleshooting, and making minor machine adjustments
- Demonstrate commitment to plant’s overall safety vision and the MBM guiding principles
- Support our safe working environment by wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and abiding by Lock-Out-Tag-Out safety procedures
- Keep designated work area clean throughout shift to ensure a safe and orderly work environment
The Experience You Will Bring
Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work in an un air-conditioned, noisy, and high-volume environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to all safety rules and regulations to include wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
What Will Put You Ahead
High school diploma or GED
- Mechanical aptitude in setting up machines and repair during upset conditions
- Six months or more of work experience in a manufacturing, production, industrial, construction, military, or warehouse environment.
- Experience operating a motorized forklift or clamp truck
- Experience working in the wood products industry
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf