The Georgia-Pacific Wauna Mill located east of Astoria, Oregon, is seeking talented individuals to further its culture of Market Based Management and contribute to its world class manufacturing process. Successful candidates will exhibit a safe and dependable work history and will take ownership of all assigned processes to ensure a safe and reliable operation is maintained. There is a starting rate of pay of $35.03/hr. See below list of qualifications for more information.
Georgia-Pacific's Consumer Products facility in Clatskanie, Oregon is a high-speed manufacturer of a variety of tissue and paper products. Some of the recognized brands include: Brawny, Angel Soft, Vanity Fair and Sparkle. Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers of tissue, including bath tissue, paper towels, facial tissue and napkins. To learn more about our variety of products visit http://www.gp.com/.
What You Will Do In Your Role
In this role, an estimate of 95% of the work time will be in the Machine shop, and 5% of the work time will be assisting with other millwright-based maintenance activities. Candidates must be able to manage a changing workload driven by mill production needs. Maintenance employees are expected to assist with other maintenance crafts as needed to support major equipment outages. Additionally, maintenance employees are expected to be proficient in more than one trade. If upon hire an individual is not proficient in more than one trade it is expected that the individual will become proficient in at least two recognized trades.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of 2(two) years experience in manual machining on older Lathes, Milling Machines, Key Seaters, Surface Grinders, Radial Drill Presses, and other typical Machine Shop Equipment
- Minimum of two years' experience in programming and operating CNC Machining Equipment
- Experience in conducting preventative and corrective maintenance on all types of Machine Shop Equipment
- Proficient computer skills required to generate, distribute, and maintain maintenance records
- Working safely in a team-oriented environment
What Will Put You Ahead
Proficiency or the ability to obtain proficiency in two or more trades such as: Industrial Millwright (including bearing set-up, pump rebuilds, laser alignment, and general industrial equipment maintenance}, Welder, Pipefitter, Balancer, etc.
- Industrial maintenance experience
- Paper industry experience
- Auto Cad drafting experience
- Industrial Balancing Experience
- Electro Plating (copper and nickel journal repairs)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf