Earn $20.25+/hour plus shift differential and eligibility for quarterly bonuses
Do you like taking on new challenges? Do you have experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment? Georgia-Pacific is seeking safety-oriented individuals to join our team as Entry Level Technicians at our Wauna, OR facility. Entry Level Technicians create value by operating paper manufacturing equipment, performing preventative maintenance, and mechanical tasks in the production of a variety of tissue, towel, and napkin products. In this role you may have the opportunity to obtain advanced training giving you the chance to advance in your career and compensation possibilities.
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products facility in Wauna, OR produces a variety of tissue, towel, and napkin products. Some of the recognized brands include: Brawny, Angel Soft, Vanity Fair and Sparkle. Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of tissue, including bath tissue, paper towels, facial tissue, and napkins. To learn more about our variety of products visit, http://www.gp.com/.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Learning multiple operator functions to operate equipment to expected performance levels
- Installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting machinery and equipment
- Driving forklifts to move material around the work site
- Working as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste, and quality goals
- Performing mechanical tasks and preventative maintenance on equipment
- Cleaning your work area throughout your shift to ensure an orderly and safe environment
- Internalizing and practicing the MBM® guiding principles to create continuous transformation and growth
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Experience with basic mechanical maintenance and/or machine troubleshooting
- Experience working with computers
- Willing and able to work a rotating shift that includes weekends, holidays, and overtime
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds
- At least six (6) months experience in an industrial, manufacturing, military, construction, fishing or logging environment
- Advanced degree/certification in engineering, electrical/mechanical systems, paper manufacturing, or reliability
- Two (2) or more years of experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Two (2) or more years of experience in the pulp and paper industry
- One (1) or more years of experience in maintenance or reliability
- High school diploma or GED
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf