Operations Technical Lead - Fordyce, AR OSB Mill
Georgia Pacific is looking for a Technical Lead to lead a wood products production team to work injury-free/incident free in a continuous manufacturing environment consistent with management philosophy and framework. Supervise/coordinate production efforts that drive improvement in all associated work processes affecting EHS, compliance, reliability, quality, production and costs. Support the MPO (Machine Paced Operation) Process System to align and optimize the manufacturing enterprise in delivering value to the business. Facilitate team development and growth, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership and holding employees accountable.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively eliminate hazards; monitor product quality and provide direction to crew members to maximize production efficiency; assist with troubleshooting production issues; provide safety training to crew members; coaching; team development/performance management; data entry and completing/generating reports.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Able to work an assigned shift schedule and interchange when necessary?
- Able to work safely, and adhere to all safety rules and regulations, including wearing and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)?
- Able to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas?
- Knowledge of general safe work practices?
- Good oral and written communication skills?
- Basic accounting and finance knowledge?
- Good organizational/planning skills
- Influencing leadership experience?
- Analytical and critical thinking skills?
- Problem solving skills?
- Teambuilding experience?
- Change management experience?
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree or higher with a preference in a technical or business discipline?
- Five (5) or more years of operations leadership experience in an industrial manufacturing or military environment may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree?
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)?
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf