Saw Filer – Warretnon, GA
Are you a self-motivated, driven individual with maintenance experience in an industrial or military environment? Then we have the job you are looking for! Georgia-Pacific is seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Saw Filer in Warrenton, GA. This position is an experienced skilled crafts role that creates value by performing a variety of maintenance duties, ensuring maximum facility up-time to meet production goals
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Preparing saw for proper level, tension, and sharpness
- Preparing saw teeth and replacing broken or missing teeth
- Performing inspections and recording any problems with bandmills, edgers, or chippers/slabbers in log books
- Checking lumber surface finish
- Cleaning bandmill tensioning devices
- Maintaining all tools and equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least three (3) months previous work experience as a Saw Filer or Saw Filer Trainee?
- At least six (6) months of previous work experience?
- Able to work any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed?
- Able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment?
- Able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day?
- Able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment?
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions?
What Will Put You Ahead
- Six (6) months or more of work experience in a sawmill?
- Six (6) months or more of work experience in a farming, carpentry, construction, or military environment?
- One (1) year or more of experience working in the lumber or timber industry?
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf