Production Supervisor - Converting
Georgia-Pacific is currently hiring for a Production Supervisor at the West Monroe, LA Converting Packaging facility. The ideal candidate will demonstrate safety as a value, and lead a crew of 20-30 employees to exceed production expectations for the shift. The candidate must be self-driven and demonstrate a commitment to safety, manufacturing excellence, and quality.
Supervisors at the West Monroe facility will have the opportunity to contribute to a successful box plant, both in improving the efficiency of production and in helping to build a culture of Market-Based Management. This position provides opportunities for promotion both in West Monroe and in many other Georgia-Pacific and Koch facilities across the country. Come join our team!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing leadership on the operating floor and striving for compliance in safety, health, environmental, and quality.
- Exemplify and drive Market Based Management® (MBM®) culture.
- Coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality, production, problem solving.
- Technical and interpersonal communication skills
- Drive ongoing improvements in Safety, quality, service and production.
- Continued emphasis on cross-training and building the bench strength of the team.
- Addressing key issues and concerns; and interacting with direct team and employees from other departments to ensure quality, on-time production and reducing downtime and waste
- Engage in continuous improvement opportunities and provide leadership/action plans for gap closure.
- Lead plant safety, housekeeping, and 6S efforts.
- Partner with the reliability and maintenance team to ensure machines are maintained to specifications
- Plan, assign and direct work for all hourly production employees; mentor employee development; appraise performance and provide feedback as needed; assist in resolving complaints; hold employees accountable as needed; pro-actively communicate issues and results on a daily basis.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 2 years of experience supervising employees within a manufacturing, production, industrial or military environment
- Availability to work a rotating shift, holidays and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
- Frequent standing/walking; lifting up to 35lbs
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience working in corrugated packaging/containerboard industry on a corrugator or with converting machinery
- Corrugated Triple Wall Experience
- Experience working with KIWI application
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf