OPERATOR III- Relief Operator
Relief Operator-Warrenton, GA
Are you an enthusiastic team player with manufacturing or industrial experience? If so, Georgia-Pacific is seeking Relief Operator's for our state-of-the art lumber mill in Warrenton, GA, and we would like to hear from you!
These highly skilled, advanced operators create value by maintaining high levels of productivity and quality that our Warrenton mill is known for. This skilled position will support our operations efficiency through troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, operator basic care and maintaining machines that produce lumber and plays a key role in ensuring the successful operation of critical assets at the mill. This position gives an entrepreneurial thinker the opportunity to identify ways to improve production quantity and quality.
All interested applicants must demonstrate a pattern of safe behavior, good attendance, good disciplinary record, initiative, effective communication skills, and problem-solving skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Learning to operator the machine for troubleshooting needs / purposes.
- Operating lumber production equipment on 4 different machine centers
- Opportunity to learn how to run production equipment on a limited basis (call off, vacation, etc.)
- Applying problem solving methods to identify root causes and eliminate failures
- Helping meet or exceed production and quality goals while optimizing equipment to reduce waste
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work environment
- Performing minor repairs to ensure machine reliability and escalating machine maintenance needs appropriately
- Performing general housekeeping duties to aid in keeping machinery functioning properly, to reduce hazards, and maintain the appearance of the plant.
- Perform preventative maintenance, operator basic care and general machine troubleshooting.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in an advanced operator role, above utility/general labor level
- A minimum of one (1) year safely operating machinery or industrial equipment
- A minimum of two (2) or more years of experience independently and safely operating industrial equipment in a manufacturing environment OR military experience
- Experience troubleshooting equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, e.g. safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots, and other PPE as required by specific job.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting up to 50 lbs, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 12 hours a day
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, and overtime as required
- The ability to successfully use a computer without assistance to complete assigned tasks
- Problem solving skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience operating and interpreting HMI monitors in a manufacturing environment?
- Lumber or wood products manufacturing experience?
- Experience performing machine maintenance?
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf