Planer Setter/Planer Operator
Planer Setter/Planer Operator - Warrenton, GA
Are you an enthusiastic team player with manufacturing or industrial experience? If so, Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Planer Setter/Planer Operator for our lumber mill in Warrenton, GA, and we would like to hear from you! The Planer Setter/Planer Operator creates value by maintaining the high levels of productivity and quality that our Warrenton mill is known for. By ensuring quick attention to mechanical issues, identifying quality concerns, and understanding the production threshold of the equipment, the Planer Setter/Planer Operator will be key in the successful operation of the planer mill. This position gives an entrepreneurial thinker the opportunity to identify ways to improve production quantity and quality.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Learning to run Lumber equipment until you can run at assigned production levels
- Performing preventative maintenance
- Performing minor repairs to ensure machine reliability and escalate machine maintenance needs appropriately
- Contributing to a team environment by cross training and filling in for other operators as needed
- Performing general housekeeping duties to aid in keeping machinery functioning properly, to reduce hazards, and maintain the appearance of the plant
- Operate planer and optimize process performance including set up and alignment.
- Monitor planer performance including safely maximizing up-time, production flow and product quality.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of two (2) or more years of work experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment?
- A minimum of one (1) year safely operating machinery or industrial equipment?
- Able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, e.g. safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots, and other PPE as required by specific jobs?
- Able to perform tasks such as lifting up to 50 lbs, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and /or pulling for up to 12 hours a day?
- Able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment?
- Able to perform tasks including lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day?
- The ability to successfully use a computer without assistance to complete assigned tasks?
- The ability to read and comprehend written instructions as required to complete assigned tasks?
What Will Put You Ahead
- High School Diploma or GED
- Able to safely multitask in a fast pace manufacturing environment.
- Experience with lumber or wood products.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf