The Assembly Manager reports to the Plant Manager. The Assembly Manager will plan, direct, coordinate, and control activities of workers engaged in assembling parts.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop and provide input on assembly requirements needed to determine the total labor and gross margin for a customer’s order
- Interface with other departments to ensure customer order deadlines are met
- Estimate worker hour requirements based on production schedules
- Create detailed schedule timelines to ensure customer shipment dates and equipment specifications are met
- Develop a process plan including people, resources, equipment, and floor space for each customer order
- Plan flow of materials through department
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules
- Recommend measure to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew
- Coordinate manpower requirements by increasing or decreasing personnel and overtime to meet changing conditions
- Maintain time and production records
- Estimate, requisition, and inspect materials
The Experience You Will Bring
- Qualified candidates will have 3 or more years of progressive experience within the production management field
- Bachelor’s degree in management or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Capable of identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner
- Strategic thinker capable of initiating or suggesting plans to motivate workers to achieve organizational and department goals
- Team player capable of conferring with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments
- Able to communicate, both orally and in written form, with all levels of management
- Possess the ability of interpreting company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations
- Ability to maintain an appropriate labor-management relationship with subordinates
- Know the implications of necessary business decisions
- Able to work within approved budget; develop and implement cost saving measures
- Ethical, respectful of others
- Understands the value of diversity
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf