Electrical and Instrumentation Technician
Are you looking to make a change in your career? If so, Georgia-Pacific has an immediate need for a self-motivated and knowledgeable Electrical and Instrumentation Technician at our McQueeney, TX Gypsum facility. E&I Technicians are required to have a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. If you think this is the perfect job for you, read below on details to apply!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Executing preventative and corrective maintenance work orders
- Properly documenting activities as to work done, parts used, etc. in MP2 (CMS)
- Assisting in improving PM procedures by participating in audits and reviews, recommending PM changes based on personal observations, etc.
- Troubleshooting, calibrating, replacing, and installing instrumentation components
- Ensuring all electrical and mechanical work meets established codes and standards
- Responding to, troubleshooting and diagnosing emergencies or breakdowns with production equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- One or more of the following:
- Experience working with computers for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Experience troubleshooting PLC’s
- Experience in working with and troubleshooting electrical systems that use up to 480V, 3-Phase
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating electrical/mechanical equipment
- Willing and able to be trained in the PLC development and software applications
- Willing and able to work any shift, weekends, holidays and overtime
-Three (3) years of electrical and/or instrumentation experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
-Two (2) year degree or higher in Electrical/Electronic or Industrial Technology
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) years or more of industrial experience in the electrical and/or electronics field
- Experience working with PLC’s, Studio5000 and TI505
- Experience working with variable frequency drives Experience in the electrical and/or electronics field in a manufacturing setting
- Experience working with pneumatic systems
- Experience with systems integration i.e.: PLC, HMI, Instrumentation, Networking, Communication and Power Distribution
- Experience reading technical drawings, electrical and pneumatic schematics
- Knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC), NFPA 70e Arc Flash Standard
- Experience troubleshooting bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors and other mechanical equipment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf