At Georgia-Pacific we offer more than just another job or role; we offer careers. Are you looking for your next career move?
Georgia-Pacific has an opening for an Electro-Mechanical Technician at our gypsum facility in Newington, NH.This is a skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. If you are seeking an opportunity where you can use technology, collaboration, and knowledge to create value, we are interested in learning more about you!
Watch the following video about our Newington location: https://youtu.be/6GHIm5A0sKs
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Managing electrical controls and computer systems to drive and support overall plant performance through improved plant uptime and machine utilization
- Driving and supporting instrumentation, electrical, and mechanical preventive and predictive maintenance functions and repairing instrumentation, electrical controls, electrical equipment, mechanical equipment, and other related duties. (Electrical systems, VFDs, servo motors, flowmeters, load cells, batching scales, RTDs, thermocouples, level transmitters, pumps, shafts, bearings, conveying systems, pulleys, belts, rolls, etc.)
- Recommending and supporting maintenance functions and PM's for the facility; to include reviewing/updating all existing PM's and generating new PM's per equipment as new equipment is installed or upgraded; work order, repairs, and improvement projects.
- Observing areas for plant improvements and presenting opportunities for ongoing improvement projects
- Coordinating and executing complete plant projects (electrical and mechanical)
- Promoting safety through proactive involvement in safety training, alignment with the company’s risk tolerance, and implementation of Electrical Safe Work Practices
- Possessing strong collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three (3) years’ electrical experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment OR Master or Journeyman Electrician certification
- Ability to install various types of Electrical systems according to NEC
- Experience measuring, cutting, and bending conduit
- Experience pulling and terminating wires
- Experience using electrical test tools, hand tools, power tools, multimeters, measuring devices, bench equipment and shop machines
- Experience repairing 3-phase power and controls and troubleshooting up to 480 volts
- Ability to perform basic mechanical tasks (installation, alignment, lubrication, repairs, welding, etc.) OR willingness and ability to acquire those skills
- Knowledge of Industrial Manufacturing equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Experience with laser alignment tools, welding, pipefitting, and precision maintenance techniques
- Understanding of NEC, NFPA, and local electrical codes
- Experience performing preventative maintenance and repairing equipment
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing/replacing PLCs, HMIs, and instrumentation
- Reading and comprehending electrical blueprints, schematics, and one-line diagrams
- IT knowledge (Device Net/Control Net/Ethernet)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf