Are you committed to safety? Do you enjoy working in a team environment? If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Georgia-Pacific is looking for safety-oriented individuals to join our production team as Shipping Tarper in McQueeney, TX. This position is an exciting entry-level opportunity with room for advancement. This role supports the facility production goals by operating lift trucks and performing housekeeping duties to maintain a safe environment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Working as a team to meet and exceed safety, production, and quality goals
- Performing quality checks, tarping trailers and keeping designated work area clean throughout shift
- Operating equipment to defined standards and product specification targets
- Performing housekeeping duties in the Warehouse/Shipping area
- Communicating with OTR (over the road) truck drivers.
The Experience You Will Bring
Requirements:6-months of continuous employment
- Willing and able to lift, carry, push, and pull 50 lbs
- Willing and able to work in hot and cold weather; noisy, heavy industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, sitting and/or pulling for up to 12 hours a day
- Willing and able work rotating shifts (5:00am-1:00pm and 9am-5:00pm), weekends, overtime, and holidays
- Willing and able to work in high and/or confined spaces
- Willing and able to work around dust, oil, grease, chemicals and other substances
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing required PPE
What Will Put You Ahead
- A minimum of 6-months of working experience within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Experience using a computer
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf