Tissue Machine Leader
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products division is searching for individuals interested in facilitating continuous improvement and leadership for a dynamic team on the paper machines for our paper mill located in Clatskanie, Oregon. The Tissue Machine Leader will be responsible for managing a department of over 70 employees (salaried and hourly) including many of whom work a twelve-hour shift rotation. This leader will have a general understanding of the mill and will be accountable for the product system results that are impacted by their team’s performance and capability.
This position is an opportunity to be part of a stable, rapidly expanding organization that offers a tremendous amount of growth potential. The successful candidate will have leadership responsibility for the safe and environmentally compliant operation of the Tissue Paper Machines. This position provides leadership and strategic direction to the facility through the application of our Market Based Management (MBM®) Philosophy.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead the department to achieve a safety and environmental incident free workplace identifying critical hazards and mitigating the risk based on criticality
- Manage and direct the work process for several large paper machines
- Provide leadership consistent with our Market Based Management® guiding principles to facilitate the development of the knowledge and skills of self, salaried, and hourly employees to improve operational performance of the department and facility
- Understand, communicate, and align goals in the area of safety, quality, production, and reliability
- Continuously evaluate and identify constraints to eliminate quality and production bottlenecks and lead plans to improve current capability, and yield to improve our relative competitive position
- Optimize and coordinate planning for scheduled shutdowns, operator training, maintenance and capital projects
- Provide daily support and technical expertise to area operators and maintenance personnel
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five (5) or more years of experience working within a continuous manufacturing process environment
- Three (3) or more years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or Pulp and Paper Science
- Five (5) or more years of leadership experience in a pulp & paper manufacturing operation
- Experience as an area or department leader.
- Experience with paper machine operations, including knowledge of the paper mill processes, equipment operation, and effective interface with maintenance
- Experience with process optimization analysis and implementation
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf