Are you a self-motivated individual looking for a career and not just a job? If so, we may have just the opportunity for you!
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a highly motivated self-starter to be a part of our GP-Building Products (Plant roles) in McQueeney, TX as a Utility Operator. This is a great opportunity to utilize and build on your skills with a growing organization! This entry level role will work a 12-hour rotating schedule.
Starting pay for this position is $18.00 per hour.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Working on a production line operating machinery to expected performance levels
- Collaborating with the team to help meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals
- Entering computer data to maintain accurate records of production
- Ensuring that machines are set up properly and performing optimally
- Troubleshooting and making adjustments to equipment as needed
- Performing various basic asset care duties and routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Cleaning work area throughout assigned shifts to ensure an orderly and safe environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- One (1) year or more of working experience
- Willing and able to work 12 hours rotating shifts and weekend, holidays and overtime if necessary
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
- Willing and able to lift to 50 pounds
- Willing and able to work around moving or heavy equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Six (6) months or more of experience in a distribution, production, industrial, manufacturing, farming or military equivalent
- One (1) year or more of experience operating a forklift or heavy equipment
- Experience identifying, analyzing and troubleshooting quality issues
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf