Millwright- Rocky Creek
Are you a Maintenance Mechanic who is self-motivated, and committed to safety? Then we have the job for you!Georgia-Pacific is seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as a
in our Rocky Creek facility. This position creates value by ensuring machine reliability and up-time and identifying opportunities to maximize output without compromising quality or safety. This position is a vital resource for our ongoing success and productivity.
Our Rocky Creek facility produces a variety of products from southern yellow pine, including dimension lumber, heavy studs, squares/timbers and barn timbers. Georgia-Pacific’s building product business has consistently been among the nation’s top suppliers of building products to building materials dealers and large warehouse retailers. Georgia-Pacific employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific's Building Products Division please visit:
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures and actively participating in the safety program
- Troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining mobile equipment and industrial machinery
- Installing and aligning new equipment
- Performing periodic preventative maintenance activities, including lubricating, changing fluids and filters on mobile equipment for improved reliability and up-time
- Maintaining accurate maintenance logs including labor hours and critical preventative maintenance findings
- Working with the operations and maintenance teams to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Interacting with outside vendors to maintain and repair mobile equipment
- Helping meet or exceed production and quality goals while optimizing equipment to reduce waste
- Assisting in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies
- Application of simple problem-solving methods such as 5Y to reduce and eliminate failures
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least two (2) years of mechanical maintenance experience, e.g. mechanic, millwright, pipefitter, and/or welder, in an industrial environment?
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and pneumatics systems?
- Experience troubleshooting issues and making repairs on motors (diesel & gasoline), gearboxes, bearings, chains, sprockets, conveyors, etc.?
- Experience with reading and understanding mechanical drawings?
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings and pumps?
- Able to work in a sometimes hot, cold dusty and noisy industrial environment?
- Able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing PPE (protective personal equipment)?
- Able to work weekends, holidays, and overtime when needed?
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates degree or two (2) years of study from a technical college in the fields of Industrial Maintenance or Industrial Technology?
- Experience working with heavy equipment such as forklifts, front end loaders, backhoes, etc.?
- Five (5) or more years of mechanical millwright experience in an industrial environment?
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Manufacturing System (CMMS)?
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf