RELIABILITY CENTERED MAINTENANCE
Reliability Technician – Belk, AL
Georgia-Pacific is hiring a Reliability Technician for our Fayette CNS facility in Belk, Alabama. This facility produces a variety of products from Southern Yellow Pine, including dimension lumber and studs. As a Reliability Technician, hands-on, you will Maintain machine center functions and reliability through proper lubrication practices, proper fluid power maintenance practices. Develop and oversee a predictive maintenance program, including Ultrasonic, Vibration Analysis, Laser Alignment, Infrared, and lead root cause Failure Analysis.
If you thrive on working in a team environment, have an interest in working with machines and are excited about advancement opportunities, this may be the job for you!
A Day in the Life Typically Includes:
- Assist in the selection and application of the proper grease, oil lubricants, and hydraulic fluids for all machinery on the plant site.Participate in the determination of effective grease, oil, and hydraulic fluid application methods (including automated delivery) that are least intrusive and most effective for all machinery on the plant site.
- Help determine the location and type of sampling hardware such that representative predictive samples of all types may be efficiently and repeatedly extracted from all mechanical systems found on the plant site.
- Extract and analyze representative oil, fluid, vibration, Ultra Sonic, and thermal samples from all mechanical/Electrical systems found on the plant site.
- Document findings and establish record keeping systems.Conduct training as necessary and document training; send samples for analysis and create work orders based on results of analysis; ensure completion of work orders related to the oil analysis and lubrication
- Make recommendations for component replacements based upon predictive analyses.Order components as necessary
- Participate in PM development and scheduled parts replacement based upon predictive analyses
- Audit machine centers to verify effectiveness and reliability of predictive analyses and document findings
- Oversee the process of sending out routine analysis of plant oils and proper store findings.
- Assist the plant maintenance department in troubleshooting machine and system malfunctions.
- Conduct root cause analyses of machine and component failures.
- Write work requests and word orders as necessary.
- Adhere to all safety mandates.
- Apply “best environmental practices” to all storage, transportation and disposal of all oils and lubricants, containers and residue.
- Inform plant environmental coordinator of any issues pertaining to major spills, leaks, or loss of oils and lubrication materials.
- Perform all duties and tasks in accordance with GP’s safety standards.
- Constantly strive to improve the safety and reliability of plant equipment assets.
- Bending, stooping, lifting up to 50 pounds, pushing up to 30 pounds; standing and walking for periods that can last in excess of 8 hours
- At least Two (2) years of Maintenance experience sawmill or industrial environment
- At least One (1) year experience using MS Office products (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- H.S. diploma or equivalent
- Willing and able to work any shift, overtime, and/or possible weekends.
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able wear necessary Personal Protective Equipment (safety glasses, ear plugs, hard hat, steel toe boots, etc.)
- At least Three (3) years maintenance experience in and industrial environment
- Experience working with a predictive maintenance program, including Ultrasonic, Vibration Analysis, Laser Alignment, Infrared, and lead root cause Failure Analysis.
- Experience in lumber or wood products
- Certifications and or training in the following areas: Lubrication, Vibration, Reliability Solutions, Thermography or Ultrasound
What do you need?
What would put you ahead?
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf