Process Controls Technician
Georgia-Pacific's Eugene, OR Chemical Facility is seeking a qualified individual to join its manufacturing team as an Process Controls Technician. This position creates value by ensuring reliability of equipment to help meet and exceed the facility's goals for quality and production by inspecting, troubleshooting, and diagnosing electrical and/or control problems on all manufacturing equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures. This is a Monday-Friday day shift position that will include occasional call-outs, evenings, and weekends.
At Georgia-Pacific, we value and recognize employees who are safety-minded, innovative, and who challenge the status quo. If this sounds like the company and position you’ve been looking for, apply today!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Maintaining Distributed Control Systems (DCS) systems/Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Manages the DCS and PLC platform and associated infrastructure to ensure continued reliability
- Maintains Honeywell Experion DCS including tuning control valves, revising graphical displays, building/modifying alarms, building/modifying control loops and updating setpoints
- Ensuring proper operation of all control system components including electronic equipment, analyzers, on/off valves, control valve solenoids, limit switches, variable frequency drives and I/O modules
- Troubleshooting/repairing/testing/inspecting/calibrating instrumentation and electrical systems. Focusing on DCS but providing additional I&E support as needed for equipment such as motors and instrumentation such as level, pressure, temperature, and flow devices
- Providing assistance for loop checks of new and existing instruments
- Assisting with design, implementation and management of improvement projects related to the DCS platform.
- Working with Supervisors, Maintenance , Engineering and Operations to plan, procure and document maintenance activities
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of 1 years of experience with DCS and/or PLC systems
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with industrial controls e.g.: motor controls, control valves, and industrial instrumentation for flow, level, pressure, and temperature, in a manufacturing environment
- State of Oregon Limited Maintenance Electrician (LME) license or higher
- Willing and able to work outside at heights, and in hot or cold weather conditions
- Willing and able to work overtime and on-call as required
- Willing and capable of wearing a respirator as required
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
What Will Put You Ahead
- More than three (3) years of electrical/electronic and/or instrument & control troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing environment
- State of Oregon License of Limited Journeyman Manufacturing Plant Electrician (PJ), General Journeyman Electrician (J) or General Supervising Electrician (S)
- Experience with Honeywell, Experion or other Distributed Control System (DCS) platforms
- Experience with Honeywell BMS, Honeywell transmitters (temperature, pressure, and level), Emerson Micromotion Flowmeters and Emerson Rosemount transmitters (temperature, pressure, and level)
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing process control elements, limit switches, proximity switches, photo eyes and other automated equipment
- Experience with Motor Control Centers (MCCs) and related electrical equipment up to 480V
- Experience with electrical one line drawings, cable schedules, functional descriptions, I/O lists, and other related electrical documents
- Allen-Bradley, ControlLogix or other PLC programming and/or troubleshooting experience
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf