Senior Reliability Engineer
Flint Hills Resources is currently looking for a Senior Reliability Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding and improving the operation of new protein recovery equipment systems. The position location is negotiable within our Iowa or Nebraska Biofuels and Ingredients facilities. Travel will be flexible depending on current projects and location.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Coordinate and/or lead equipment failure analyses and develop cost effective solutions to reduce or eliminate future failures
- Work closely with the site teams to seek approval for and implement solutions
- Develop maintenance best practices and implement new or modify existing predictive, preventive and routine repair maintenance programs and procedures.
- Mentor operations and maintenance technicians in these best practices
- Work with original equipment manufacturer and other contract resources to develop and implement onsite and offsite maintenance support capabilities for protein recovery equipment.
- Develop equipment monitoring tools and information systems/reports to provide real time equipment health/performance data and measures
- Support the site teams in understanding the process, equipment, and operational gaps, as well as recommending solutions to close those gaps to improve yield and uptime performance.
- Work with site teams to implement gap closures plans/projects
- Coordinate the transfer of equipment learnings from one plant to the next, and frame up design change recommendations for the next plant project
- Evaluate current protein recovery equipment designs for next plant and determine if alternate equipment can improve yield, increase uptime or reduce capital cost
- Support the evaluation of alternate protein recovery technologies or alternate equipment systems for protein recovery process
- Participate in the design development and implementation of new protein recovery projects for additional sites
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelors of Science degree or higher in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years’ work experience in chemical refining industry with a focus on mechanical separation equipment reliability, performance and maintenance
- Strong industrial machinery background
- Experience with the use of predictive technologies: vibration and oil analysis
- Experience with root cause analysis
- Computer skills with a working knowledge of Windows and MS Office products
- Valid and current driver’s license
What Will Put You Ahead
- Corn Wet Milling experience
- Specific working knowledge of paddle screens, pressure screens and high speed centrifugal separators
- Experience of proactive work execution practices
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf