Fixed Equipment Reliability Engineer
Fixed Equipment Reliability Engineers are responsible for developing, maintaining and applying subject matter expertise and capabilities to manage programs for pressure vessels, exchangers, piping, PRD's, valves, tanks, FFS analysis, cathodic protection, process chemistry, corrosion and materials, and provide project support for fixed equipment included in capital and expense projects.
What you will do in your role.
- Provides technical support for fixed equipment to refinery & petrochemical operating business units
- Responsible for framing up sound and economically viable repair plans vs. replacement recommendations
- Provide input into the development of fixed equipment reliability strategies including PM optimization
- Own assigned fixed equipment standards and participate in their continual improvement
- Lead or provide subject matter expertise for Root Cause Failure Analysis investigations for fixed equipment
- Involved in industry organizations to stay abreast of new technology and trends related to fixed equipment
- Enjoys working in a team environment, and able to communicate to all levels of the organization
The experience you will bring.
- 5+ yrs experience working within a refining, chemical, or heavy industrial environment
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: pressure vessels, piping, heat exchangers, fired process equipment, pressure relief devices, valves and the factors that affect their reliability
- Experience applying ASME/API/NBIC codes in the design, evaluation, and repair/alteration of fixed equipment
- Valid Driver's License
- Climbing ladders and stairs, entry into confined spaces, the ability to work indoors and outdoors in year-round weather conditions as necessary
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Civil, Reliability, Chemical or Petroleum Engineering
- Knowledge and experience applying ASME B31.3 and Section VIII Div. 1, PCC-1, PCC-2 and/or API 653
- Knowledge and experience in applying the concepts of API 579 fitness-for-service to evaluate fixed equipment
- Experience developing and maintaining fixed equipment specifications and standards
- Refinery corrosion mechanisms and materials experience
- Experience in performing Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Knowledge and experience with Risk Based Inspection
- API 570/510/653 certifications
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC identification badge, allowing for un-escorted access to the facility within a specific time period
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf