Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
Our Memphis, TN facility is seeking qualified Electrical & Instrumentation Technician to join our Technology & Innovation Center (T&IC). This role creates value by safely maintaining machinery and equipment in the work environment, and through fabricating/installing new laboratory equipment, to meet or exceed the needs of our customers. Electrical & Instrumentation reinforces the long-term goals of the organization by actively participating in and contributing to a collaborative environment as well as ensuring that all safety standards and guidelines are consistently met.
Georgia Pacific offers a generous benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance with FSA or HSA, short-term disability, 401k with employer match, paid time off, paid continuing education, education reimbursement opportunities and no travel required.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Understand and follow safe work practices and procedures, general housekeeping and cleanup
- Lead contractor teams and groups to plan, coordinate, and accomplish maintenance tasks
- Initiate and lead the problem-solving process to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair process equipment and system
- Perform inspection, testing, and preventive maintenance tasks
- Fabricate, modify, and install new laboratory and pilot process equipment & systems
- Recognize and address maintenance training needs
- Work closely with scientists and other members of the organization for job planning and maintenance support
- Work productively with little direct supervision
- Work as part of a team and recognize & resolve conflicts between individuals and groups
- Utilize computer systems for data retrieval, documentation, presentation and record keeping
- Complete miscellaneous projects and/or other duties as assigned
The Experience You Will Bring
- One or more of the following:
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in an Electrical & Instrumentation Technician role
- Shelby County Journeyman License Electrician or be able to obtain the license within 6 months of employment
- Associate's Degree in an industrial maintenance related field or manufacturing environment
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook- email communications, Excel- entering data & creating spreadsheets, Word- typing up documents
- Physical capability to perform required tasks, include climb stairs, lift up to 30 lbs., work up to 12 hours for more than 5 consecutive days
- Previous experience, knowledge, and industrial E & I skills in the following:
- Power distribution of medium & low voltage
- Three (3) years of electrical troubleshooting experience in an industrial or manufacture environment.
- Process Instrumentation
- Low & medium voltage motors and controls
- PLC & DCS controls and HMI
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience writing, planning, scheduling and completing job plans
- Experience inputting, updating, and approving work orders in Asset Suite including submitting material requests and managing contractor services
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing laboratory equipment
- Knowledge in the following systems: chillers, softener, water system, potable water, industrial sewer, steam, HVAC, and package boiler
- Experience working in a machine shop
- Experience interviewing internal customer to create job plans
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf