Do you aspire to leverage and further develop your skills and lead a team to excellence in safety, efficiency, and quality? If so, this could be the opportunity for you! Georgia Pacific is seeking a Senior Engineer for our Tacoma, WA facility. This role will lead a team to ensure a safe and injury/incident-free environment in our fast-paced plant. Our Senior Engineer will motivate, coach, and inspire by demonstrating, promoting, and applying Georgia-Pacific’s Market Based Management (MBM®) in daily actions and decisions to deliver maximum value to the business and our customers. If you are a driven leader who can operate with a principled entrepreneurial spirit, we’d like to learn more about you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Leveraging data systems and direct inspections to assess and monitor equipment for output quality, variability, reliability, and rate
- Leading/performing process checks and studies to identify bottlenecks and opportunities
- Providing direct plant support in troubleshooting, asset strategies, project development and execution
- Supporting and developing network of plant asset owners through mentorship, operating procedures, best practices, and Knowledge Shares
- Leading projects that restore, maintain and improve operations
- Developing and applying strategies to optimize on-going operations with automation and innovative technologies
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in Process Engineering in a chemical plant environment.
- Willing and able to travel up to an average of 35%.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook/Powerpoint)
- Master’s Degree or higher
- Ten (10) or more years’ experience in chemical engineering
- Chemical engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf