Georgia-Pacific Chemical is looking for a Plant Manager for our Conway, NC location. As Plant Manager, you’ll be responsible for safety and environmental compliance, customer quality, cost control, production, reliability, and maintenance excellence. You’ll have the opportunity to work closely other leaders to achieve and maintain 10,000% compliance while striving for operations excellence.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Managing the overall safety performance of the facility to achieve plant vision of “Zero Accident Culture” by empowering employees to understand and accept their roles to achieve the desired outcomes
- Leading the operations effort to achieve and maintain compliance with respect to GP’s Chemical Process Safety and H&S Programs
- Influencing and developing of a Production Manager, Maintenance Manager, Environmental Manager, and Quality Manager
- Managing P&L and plant operation budgets
- Overseeing environmental compliance and associated regulatory permits
- Developing and executing strategies to optimize process and improve overall equipment effectiveness (OEE)
- Supporting evaluation, prioritization, and implementation of capital projects to increase value consistent with business vision and objectives
- Working with R&D and Sales to modify and/or produce new products
The Experience You Will Bring
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum of three (3) years’ management/supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience with process safety in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office® Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
What Will Put You Ahead
Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Understanding of PSM/RMP requirements and implementation techniques
- Previous experience with maintenance and reliability
- Previous experience in process and systems optimization
- Previous experience in the chemical industry
- Previous experience with batch or continuous chemical processing
- Previous experience leading and developing others in a team environment
- Distributive control systems knowledge
Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading makers of tissue, pulp, packaging, building products and related chemicals. To learn more about our Chemical division visit: https://www.gp.com/product-overview/gp-chemicals
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf