This job posting is no longer active.
This individual will review specific customer contract types as directed by the Contract Manager and Corporate Legal. The Contract Analyst will ensure terms and conditions are reviewed, understood and accepted by the appropriate Molex business units, functional areas and product divisions following the preferred and authorized deviation principles as set forth in the Global Contracting Manual. Review of the terms and conditions through the Contract review procedure is important to Molex to ensure proper management of costs and to make risk adjusted decisions. It is also important that we are entering into profitable business and minimizing potential financial risks to Molex.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review customer contracts from a legal and business perspective per the Global Contracting Manual as directed by management for the assigned contract types.
- Review and escalate unique contract terms to Corporate Legal and Global Contract Administration Manager if contract cannot be closed after two rounds of negotiations.
- Where required, prepare summaries and highlight areas of risk for management, including Finance, Division Vice Presidents, Sales Management, Quality. Also, provides recommendations for modifications to minimize potential risk to Molex.
- Work and communicate with:
- Sales, Sales Management, Customer Service, Product Divisions on all contracts keeping them updated on any open issues, status, what was negotiated etc. Also, work with Customers to reach mutual agreement on Contracts.
- Various departments including manufacturing, product marketing, logistics and quality during the review process of a contract to get approvals on customer requirements.
- Finance as needed for approval of assigned contracts.
- Corporate Legal to review contracts per the guidelines in the Contracting Manual.
- Prepare red lined documents of agreements received with all Molex comments from affected functional areas, legal, business units and product division within the committed time frame. Submit completed contract to designated signers for review and signature.
- Set up and participate on conference calls with Customers to negotiate contracts.
- Participate in Quarterly Global Contracts Meetings as directed for training, global and regional updates. Provide input on procedures and testing of systems to support global implementation with focus on regional requirements.
- Utilize the Ariba Contract Management System to document the lifecycle of a contract from request through signing of the agreement. Extract data from contracts for the Global Contract Database. Keep individual review queue up to date.
- Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), MBM Principles, Lean Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
Skills and Abilities:
- Above average working Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Office, Excel, Adobe 7.0 pdf Writer.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with teams internally and external customers in a positive manner.
- Solid, demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Exceptional written and voral skills for clear and concise communication.
- Legal understanding of contract terminology and use of language.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi task.
- Willingness to learn Molex business processes and how they relate to review and identifying risk within contracts.
- High level problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High energy, process-driven.
- Must adhere to ethical standards of confidentiality, as well as follow guidance for review content as set forth in Global Terms Guidelines.
- Escalate provisions outside of Global Guidelines to Management as directed.
- Able to employ sustained focus on analytical and data entry tasks in contract review.
- Knowledge of SAP, Ariba Contract Management. Docusign and BW reporting.
- Knowledge of how to use and maintain a Sharepoint Site
- Understanding of Molex business processes to conduct contract reviews.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, management or related profession as determined by management
- 3 years experience working with Contract Review and or Contract Administration Experience reviewing contracts in law firms or corporations in a high volume workload
What Will Put You Ahead
- Paralegal Certification with 2 - 3 years’ experience in the legal industry focused on contract review and administration
- 5 years experience working with Commercial Contract Review and or Contract Administration Experience reviewing contracts in law firms or corporations in a high volume workload.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.