Product Development Engineer- Asia programs
This job posting is no longer active.
The Engineering Department at SRG Global headquarters in Troy, Michigan is searching for an experienced engineering professional with a passion for driving continuous improvement in process efficiency and effectiveness.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and knowledge sought below but, of equal importance, he or she will be self-motivated, possess a positive attitude, and be a creative thinker.This is a “hands-on” position that will work across the organization in a competitive atmosphere.Working effectively with cross-functional teams is crucial for success.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead the development of new product designs by working with design teams both in region and globally including internal & external to support Design for Assembly/Manufacturing concepts, adhering to internal preferred design guidelines as well as providing lessons learned from legacy product designs
- Interfaces with internal departments (manufacturing, quality, lab, sales and marketing) to ensure design objectives are met in a timely manner and assists by providing product information, engineering samples and technical advice. Also interfaces with suppliers and customers.
- Develop/create test plans based on internal and external requirements and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary
- Lead teams to determine and resolve root causes for fit, finish, buzz, squeak, rattle, and quality issues, to support new product launches as well as current production programs
- Maintain cost targets through development phase to meet program profitability requirements
- Create required drawings to support new product launches. Drawing guidance includes establishing critical dimensions, GD&T and customer-specific specifications/requirements
- Document and communicate program progress using open issues list documentation with team (internal & external), maintain project schedules and timelines
- Provide strong project management direction to capability support teams
- Support VA/VE initiatives to meet department profitability targetsSupport new product launches with travel to both internal as well as customer plants as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable engineering field (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, etc.) required
- 8-10 years automotive experience
- 3-5 years experience with plastics (design & tooling), plating and painting processes
- 8-D, 5-Why, Is/Is-Not, etc. problem solving skills
- Fundamental knowledge in developing and updating DFMEA documents in accordance with AIAG standards
- Familiar with OEM product development procedures/processes, e.g. Nissan, Toyota…
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work cross functionally, exhibiting teamwork skills
- Understanding of materials, engineering theory, and principles of design
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Power Point
- Able to travel both domestically & internationally as needed
What Will Put You Ahead
The ideal candidate will possess competencies in most of the skills and knowledge described above, and more importantly, will need to be highly committed and motivated. We desire to hire an individual who has excellent written and verbal communication skills, is confident yet humble, respectful of others, driven and possess the courage to challenge the status quo and share knowledge.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.